"Maybe this world is another planet's hell." - Aldous Huxley
Anybody else think about this more often than is probably healthy?
For a long time I consider Eastern theology to be entirely without a hell.
Then one day I realized that I couldn't think of a hell that could be much worse than Earth. It holds genocide, torture, hate, lust, rampant illness, insanity, poverty, starvation, nihilism, absolutism, saccharine everything, selfishness, brutality, and ignorance.
Eastern theology might just have the worst punishment of all theologies for not getting in touch with the divine.
To do this over and over and over again without some knowledge of what one is ever really doing would be hell beyond imagination.
Reincarnation would be horrible.
2 comments:
I don't think this world could be "another planet's hell." Yes, there is much wrong with it, but you are leaving out all the stuff that is right! Sunshine, laughter, service, friends, chairty, progression....
There is a silver lining to every cloud :)
Although... I do agree with you that reincarnation would not be a fun business.
I'm with Krystal... God made this earth for us, and he put many, many wonderful things on it. There's bad things because there's Satan, but it's not anywhere close to hell. If it were the whole Plan of Salvation is nothing, why would God send us to some other planet's hell?
Post a Comment