Ever make fun of yourself and then have it come back to haunt you? You say something offhandedly about yourself that you don't do well at and then people use it against you ALL the time. Me too.
One thing I love about Paul Simon is that he makes fun of himself in his own songs and can get away with it without losing respect.
Or maybe I'm just too cocky to let it go time after time. That's probably it.
Anywho, I realized that if anyone actually reads this blog my wording can be quite confusing because, well, I don't use words in the same way that other people use them. I use them in the way I think they should be used. So it's definition time (yippee!) This is just for clarification so I don't get in too much trouble. :)
Feminist: one who works for the rights of both men and women (See Mary Wollstonecraft or Florence Nightingale.)
Chauvinist: one who is blatantly advocating special privileges for their own gender while pushing aside the rights of those of the other gender (See the modern Feminist movement.)
Myth: a historical tale for which no evidence can be found to prove the occurrence - not associated with the validity or lack thereof of said tale. (See Oedipus Rex.)
truth: a fact that is applicable and necessary to know for one's own life but not necessarily applicable to the lives of others. (See Friedrich Nietzsche.)
Truth: a fact that is applicable to all and independent of all of human thought; a universal. (see Immanuel Kant.)
God(s):
1. an all-powerful and all-knowing figure that is generally seen as being human-like in general who is in control of all of human affairs and the whole of this World. Does not always have to follow His or Her rules set aside for humans as His or Her plan for existence is above Absolutist theory. (see Western theology and Theistic existialism.)
2. Truth (see Eastern theology esp. Taoism.)
3. The Great mystery(ies) (see certain individuals from one of the following: Roman Catholicism, Paganism, Islam, Episcopalism, etc.)
Romantic: relating to an scenario, place, or thing that is desirable aesthetically pleasing, but not necessarily realistic - not related to love. (see "World Peace" ideologies.)
Atheist: one who does not believe in Truth. (See - no one actually, I don't think this is possible.)
"Atheist": one who critizes a Western version of bibically literal God(s) without seeming to understand differences in views from said version of God(s). (See Richard Dawkins.)
Christian: one who follows the Nicene Creed esp. relating to the trinity. (See the Roman Catholic church.)
Liberal: one who wishes for the government to be involved solely with the safety of its individuals and not with every detail of the lives of said individuals. (See modern libertarian movement.)
"Liberal": a modern Democrat who insists upon sticking to party lines and participates in name-calling to prove they are the superior party. (see Chris Matthews.)
Conservative: a person who sticks to the values they believe have been important in the past. (See what many in Utah consider themselves.. sorry can't come up with anything other than that.)
"Conservative": a modern Republican who insists upon sticking to party lines and participates in name-calling to prove they are the superior party. (see Bill O'Reilly.)
There. Those are the words that I use "incorrectly."
I'll probably think of more later.
Oh! And FYI if anyone's actually reading this or the rest of my blog: I'm not going to include quotation marks or cite any quotes from the following if I use them in my status any longer: Cat Stevens, Paul Simon, or Oscar Wilde. It was getting a little redundant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment