May 19, 2009

That's a bunch of BS.

So. Today I was in the BYU library trying to find a book titled:

"GOD: A Biography"

I typed in the title on the catalog search. And what came up? BS 1192.6

I started laughing and smiled the rest of the time I was at BYU.
It made my day.

Side note: I went home and checked if the man who came up with the Library of Congress Classification System was an atheist. Apparently, he isn't. The labeling of books on the bible under the group and subgroup BS was an accident.

Go figure. :D

(For Spencer: OH! And it's the G-O-D God!)

5 comments:

Logan Thomas said...

ha! Bravo Sierra! That's what my uncle always says (he's an air traffic controller).

What is that book about?

Snoopy said...

hahahahahahahaha! I love it...

Saralyn said...

It's a book that takes the Judeo-Christian God out of both historical and religious views and looks at the Judeo-Christian God solely as the protagonist of the Hebrew Bible.
Pretty much it's a literary critique of God as a character.
It's dang interesting so far.

Spencer said...

I've always assumed it was the gOD god.

Saralyn said...

No.
What?
It's the GOD god.
Look at the title!

(Ok, so the book isn't really about the GOD god but the title capitalizes all of the letters.)

But really, what are you talking about?