The other day I suddenly realized that I had discussed insanity caused by cannibalistic practices of eating the brain quite a few times but for the life of me I could not remember the exact details of what happened or where I read about it.
I finally found it and I have found where I read it.
It's called Kuru.
It was located in a tribe in New Guinea. (Not Europe as I have claimed.)
And I read about it in a book Titled: Guns, Germs, and Steel.
Goodness. I was starting to think that I'd made it up. (Although, I was quite wrong on quite a few of my memories of it.)
Here is an official site discussing the disease and here is Wikipedia's article on it if you would like to read about it.
Just thought I'd confirm at least part of what I told probably all of you at one point or another. The rest my brain must have added in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment