I have yet to understand people who don't listen to music.
Really.
How can one not fall madly in love with the lyrics of a truly clever song?
And then listen to the song over and over again.
"I have a friend who is a born again. Found his saviour's grace.
And I was born before my father.
And my children before me.
And we are born. And born again. Like the waves of the sea."
"I have squandered my resistance for a pocket full of mumbles.
Such are promises."
"There we all were in one place - the generation lost in space - but no time left to start again."
I tend to find lines in songs that I'd never thought about before and then realize just how incredible they are (or at least they are to me....)
Granted - I generally HATE love songs. They're nearly all the same song with slightly differing chords and words.
When people tell me they don't listen to music it's almost as painful as when people tell me they don't read.
And people who don't read or listen to music? Agh! What's the point of life?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm with you. Although I do tend to love love songs very much, music is a way of reaching feelings and exploring the world around you. I think I would go insane without music!
Post a Comment