Nov 25, 2008

"Crawling around my brain."

There definitely is something therapeutic about free association.
And that is what I have already found about this blogging thing (which is not to say that I'm telling massive quantities of my thoughts - but enough). It gives me the chance to ramble as I really think that I need sometimes (although sketching somehow is the ultimate form of how I think - no matter how creepy SOME people think my drawings are - when I hear the part of "I wish I was a girl" that says "crawling around my brain" that is exactly how I feel about life.. especially life in art). And I am fully aware that I only have one follower at this moment.. (unless someone is stalking me..) Which doesn't bother me, because somehow even writing to myself is therapeutic.
That being said I would like to point out the glaringly obvious: later, if more people follow my blog, I will offend some of them (Cue that same person making fun of me), and, yet, I still feel as though I want to, and will, state my thoughts and opinions - which, yes, may reach a borderline state on somethings I am sure.
And I will change my opinions a couple of hundred times before I die. So, I guess this is a disclaimer.

"I don't want to be a judge and I don't want to be a jury. I know who I am, Lord knows who I will be." - Paul Simon

I wish I could tell you that I'd take this approach on life - but I won't and can't always do so. Sometimes I really feel as though something is worth pushing over a few people for.

For better or for worse I would ask that I be able to state my ideas.. good, bad, or indifferent without having to apologize every five seconds. Feel free to disagree.. but just realize that I'm human too.

3 comments:

Saralyn said...

And I am fully well aware that most people get extremely annoyed when people start a million sentences with AND that aren't even full sentences. :D

Just be glad I'm not James Joyce's Molly Bloom (puking noises) - at least not everything I write is in unpuncated form...

Spencer said...

so um...I feel very singled out. every person you made reference to was me. AND yes, I'm just trying to make you sad because you offended me. :)

Saralyn said...

Hahaha... Get over it.
(I can say that. So there!)
I can't imagine you being offended by much of anything short of someone chopping your arm off...